Berlin, 28th April, 2017
The AMR Centre is pleased to support a Call to Action to the G20 to commit investment in research, innovation and development of innovative health technologies to counter threats from Antimicrobial Resistance, Poverty-Related and Neglected Diseases (PRNDs) and pandemics.
The Call to Action focuses on the following areas:
- Provide political support to address the inter-related issues of AMR, pandemic preparedness/ response and PRNDs.
- Increase financial support and its co-ordination across the G20 and partner countries to ensure sustainable, long-term funding for global health innovation, with a focus on AMR, pandemic preparedness/ response and PRNDs.
- Encourage business, philanthropic organizations and other financing institutions from the G20 to increase investment in global health innovation, in the interrelated areas of AMR, pandemic preparedness / response and PRNDs.
- Mobilize G20 public health and scientific expertise to address antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in both neglected and major poverty diseases.
- We invite all those who share this vision to sign and support this Call to Action.
To view the petition and find out more, please visit: